Welcome to MWMCA
Whether you have an established business that you are looking to grow, or you are creating a new business and need advice and guidance, you have come to the right place. We invite you to become a member of MD. Washington Minority Contractors Association, Inc. (MWMCA).
Since 2002 MWMCA has been a member organization that advocates for minority business inclusion in all public and private procurement and aligns itself with strategic corporate partners that add value to its organization. We constantly seek out areas where necessary change needs to occur then set strategy and plan to attack it. We believe that all sectors in America should be open to diversity inclusion.
For its small business members MWMCA provides support, education, capacity building, and technical assistance to new and existing businesses. MWMCA monitors and facilitates inclusiveness, empowerment and opportunities for its members. MWMCA also provides certification assistance for Maryland Department of Transportation and Baltimore City’s minority business enterprise certification.
For its corporate members MWMCA identifies woman and minority contractors to work on projects that recommend inclusiveness. MWMCA writes and assists with the implementation of Diversity Inclusion Policy and Practices into one’s operations. Having a Diversity Inclusion Policy ensures that diverse businesses are afforded maximum opportunity to participate in the competitive contracting and procurement process and helps those businesses to grow.
MWMCA provides the following services to its Corporate Members:
• Provide forums and information to develop relationships with minority contractors of various trades
• Assist with locating subcontractors needed for various contracts and jobs
• Advocate for your company’s concerns, products, and services
• Advertise your company and display your corporate logo on MWMCA’s website
• Provide information on legislative issues that affect your business as it relates to minority business inclusion
• Discuss your m/wbe inclusion policy, introduce inclusion practices (even without policy) as it relates to finance, banking, planning, information technology, marketing and sales
MWMCA provides the following services to its Minority members:
• Provide support, educational, and technical assistance to new and existing businesses
• Advocate for minority businesses and provide extensive contacts in the business community
• Prepare Minority Business Certification Application Submission Packages
• Provide information on available prime and subcontracting contracting opportunities
• Provide information on employment and procurement opportunities with right to work or merit shop entities
• Introduction to financial, legal, and surety firms
• Provide information on legal and legislative issues that affect minority business operations
• Be a facilitator for new and existing laws that positively affect minority businesses
• Provide forums where minority entrepreneurs can become better equipped to compete for large dollar contracts
• Match prime contractors with subcontractors
• Provide networking events and opportunities with members and corporate partners
• Provide regular updates on current events in the business communities
• Recommend information and forums on access to capital
• Provide mediation assistance
• Resolution Management